Job: University of Oklahoma - Land Intern (Energy Management)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- 1 Knowledge Services Analyst I - (Job Number: 15520)
- 2 Production Assistant - Waynoka - (Job Number: 15519)
- 3 University of Arkansas - Geologist I - (Job Number: 15404)
- 4 Records Courier I - (Job Number: 15527)
- 5 Geologist II - (Job Number: 15526)
- 6 Knowledge Services Analyst II - (Job Number: 15517)
- View All Jobs
- University of Oklahoma - Land Intern (Energy Management) (10394)
University of Oklahoma - Land Intern (Energy Management)-10394
Chesapeake is seeking qualified candidates for the summer 2013 internship program. The position will be located out of the Oklahoma City headquarters. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated team players and possess excellent interpersonal skills. A high degree of analytical ability and excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary for success in our fast-paced and rewarding environment.
Interns will be mentored by senior land professionals as they manage the company's mineral and lease hold interests for an assigned geographical area by obtaining the legal right to drill oil and gas wells on a specific property. Interns will also monitor and report competitor activity on a larger prospect-wide scale.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Prepare ownership reports from internal records
* Check federal and county lease records
* Assignment preparation
* Buying leases, title curative, and contract review
* Payout determination
* Proposing wells to third parties and preparing well announcements
* Other related duties as required
Please include an updated resume and unofficial transcripts with your application.
-Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
-Current cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale