Job: SECURITY DISPATCHER
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Southern Nazarene University
Browse Similar Jobs: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Department: SNU Safety & Security
Availability: Immediate Opening – Part-Time (Approximately 20 hours/week)
Assist in providing a safe environment for students, faculty and staff of Southern
Nazarene University. Provide first line communication between the public, students,
faculty and staff with the Safety and Security officers and local authorities.
Under the supervision of the Safety and Security Director or superior(s), perform duties
and actions described below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to…
* Answering and logging all incoming and outgoing calls to the Security Dispatch
* Directing emergency calls and providing information to local police and fire
* Directing calls to officers and advising actions for the officers.
* Monitoring campus fire and emergency systems.
* Monitoring severe weather situations and advising of impending weather events.
* Monitoring campus and emergency radio systems.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Skills Required:
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relation skills.
- Radio communication knowledge.
- Ability to write concise notes and take reports accurately.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to stay alert and awake through shifts. (Overnight shifts)
- Ability to walk buildings, climb stairs and unlock/lock doors when covering for safety officers.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and in harmony with the SNU hourly pay structure.
Benefits: Generous benefit structure including retirement matching, vacation, sick leave, personal days, holidays and much more.
For additional details regarding SNU or how to apply for this position, please scroll to the bottom of the page and read the "ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION".