Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Boiler/Chiller Plant Supervisor
The incumbent under the general direction of the Plant Operations Superintendent is responsible for the effective management and supervision of assigned employees, tools, equipment and other resources in the accomplishment of contract requirements. Boiler/Chiller Plant Supervisor directs the utility operations and maintenance of boilers, chillers and air compressors for the use in production of steam, chill water and compressed air.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Schedules work requirements and personnel resources to ensure the 24/7 operation of assigned Boiler/Chiller Plants.
- Ensures inspections for contract and regulatory compliance are preformed and monitors inspection schedules.
- Schedules maintenance and repairs for all major utility systems ensuring contract requirements for response and performance are met.
- Monitors work to ensure control of: costs, including minimization of overtime/lost time and effective use of tools, equipment and materials; scope, including the documentation of changes to support job amendments; and quality of work performed. Interfaces with other shops, customers and Government representatives as required achieving maximum productivity with reduction of lost time.
- Provides assistance to government representatives requesting access and information on the utility systems operations; assists with hazardous accidents to include containment and cleanup.
- Prepares budget and coordinates spring and fall outages for steam, hot water, chilled water and compressed air. Ensures strict adherence to safety standards and practices in all supervised units and sections.
- Supervises the safety, security, and environmental plans. Ensures that employees are aware of and adhere to standard timekeeping procedures and that timesheets are checked daily for compliance.
- Keeps current on relevant knowledge and industry practices of utility systems and provides employees with direction on procedures, policies, instructions, technical orders and manufacturer’s manuals.
- Seeks constantly to improve service to the customer at reduced cost. Makes suggestions related to use of improved procedures, methods, technology, tools and equipment, and human resources to achieve improved productivity, quality and cost performance.
- Follows Government, Chugach Alaska Corporation, or TSS J/V furnished information directives, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- OKC Class I Boiler Operator License
- Minimum Five (5) years experience in managing and operating utility systems to include 3 years experience in operation, casualty control and maintenance of large industrial power plants
- Extensive knowledge of boiler repair, high-pressure inspection, boiler water chemistry, boiler fuel operations.
- Demonstrated managerial abilities to effectively manage assigned resources (equipment, material and personnel) and operations.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain required security clearances.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Demonstrated skills in using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Database Management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.