ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineer_FWI-Gov Contract Staff
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
Provides support to Government regarding civil engineering issues related to the development of renewable energy resources and furnishes guidance in the conservation and development of these resources. Provides technical advice and support to the Government for tribal renewable energy development programs. Evaluates the feasibility of planned projects from multiple views - financial feasibility, technical viability, operational viability, and practicality.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the management, supervision or performance of planning, designing, constructing and/or maintaining structures and facilities that provide shelter, support transportation systems and control natural resources; investigate, measure, survey and map the earth’s physical features and phenomena; and/or research and develop activities pertaining to the above. Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned aspects of storm drain, sanitary sewer, water system and/or lake-level construction and alteration plans.
- Assist in the planning, designing, monitoring and/or managing of projects and programs for substantial new construction, renovation and improvement projects for real property facilities encompassing highly specialized or unique requirements. Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities, and utilize program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems, and other management tools to accomplish programming, determine resources and perform long-range planning.
- Be alert to safety hazards in the field. Review consultant-prepared design drawings, indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts. Assist in the evaluation of contract bids, make recommendations to higher-level engineers regarding feasibility studies and assist in the management of large-scale construction projects. Use construction inspection report data to prepare payment estimates as a recommendation for payment of contractors.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal travel required for this position. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
- Broad technical knowledge of renewable energy technologies and applications including photovoltaics, concentrating solar thermal, wind, geothermal, liquid fuels (ethanol, biodiesel, bio-oil), power production (combustion, gasification, pyrolysis, fuel cells, micro-turbine), facility heating, biomass resource harvesting and processing, and co-generation.
- The Government will provide specific knowledge and skills required on an as-needed basis to ensure the Contractor can successfully fill positions in this labor category.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Public Trust clearance required for this position
Ho-Chunk, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.