Bartlett & West
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bartlett & West
- Bartlett & West
- Job ID
- FLSA Status
- Service Group
- MOS - Regional Water
- # of Openings
This position is responsible for the complete management of all assigned projects, ranging in size and complexity. Position also could be a member of teams that are managed by other project managers. Full management and authority of assigned projects includes, identifying and meeting client expectations, pricing and negotiating contracts, performing engineering services, oversight of project quality, resource identification and management, meeting project schedules and profitability goals. May participate in developing and maintaining client relationships and marketing company services
Project work will focus on regional water and associated work.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Executes planning for projects, including development of the project scope, task organization, estimates of effort and other required resources, and schedules necessary to complete the project. Creates estimate of cost and budget for the project.
- Executes internal project setup procedures in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Directs, manages and participates in the production of the project deliverables including but not limited to: preliminary studies, plans and cost estimates, definition of and oversight of design surveys, designs and plan production, project status/review meetings, specification and contract document development and production.
- May participate in the monthly project accounting process, including review of time and expense charges to projects, timely preparation of invoicing and management of accounts receivable (A/R) and work-in-process (WIP) in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Reviews and assesses the progress and financial performance of all assigned projects on a regular and ongoing basis. Coordinates and implements changes in resource assignments, production methods, etc. to achieve optimum efficiency and profitability.
- Communicates openly and frequently with clients during the course of a project to ensure that all issues are addressed efficiently to the client’s satisfaction. Prepares, conducts and documents all progress review and other meetings.
- Conducts project closeout, including contract closeout and internal evaluation of project performance relative to the budget.
- Understands the company’s client service model and applies these principles to all interactions with clients.
- Participates in developing a culture of discipline, where the meeting of goals and deadlines is required not only with clients but with others throughout the company. Meets all administrative requirements and requests established by the company on the dates specified (e.g., timesheet submission, invoice preparation and submission, report submission and other corporate directives, etc.)
- Stays abreast of new engineering trends and techniques. Participates in professional organization(s) in the manager’s area of expertise and/or client focus. Maintains professional licensure in the states required by the company.
- Implements divisional and company standards and company processes such as file management systems and resource management/project planning systems.
- Develops and fosters an open environment encouraging communications among team members assigned to a project.
- May work with a higher level PM in all aspects of project management.
- Assists with developing and pricing contracts for business with clients.
- Will generally manage small projects or be a part of a bigger project.
- Refers contacts to CSMs and other senior managers. May develop resolutions to client issues/concerns with the involvement of the CSM & other applicable Sr. Managers.
- May assist with accounts receivable and invoicing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills to maintain client and employee relationships
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Planning/organizing/project management
- Implementation/project execution
- Teambuilding and collaboration skills
- Decision making
- Customer Focus (internal/external)
- Self-awareness & self-management
- Active Listening
- Results focused
- Taking initiative
Bachelor’s degree in in civil, structural, mechanical/electrical or architectural engineering as appropriate or equivalent in combined education and experience in the field of practice.
8+ years’ experience in civil engineering projects with increasing responsibility and P.E. licensure in Oklahoma required
Must be able to travel 50%+ of the year. Regular travel between the employee’s home base and Topeka, client locations, to meetings and trade shows. Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a listing of all functions and responsibilities that are required of this position. Employee owners are expected to take on additional responsibilities as requested.
Bartlett & West is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.