Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time School Counselor
at Catapult Learning
- Job ID
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Regular / Temporary
The counselor will provide school counseling services at assigned schools in accordance with contract specifics and company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Individual, small group and classroom guidance (when appropriate) counseling with students, with signed parental consent. Counseling may focus on academic, emotional, behavioral, or developmental issues to promote enhanced school functioning. Consult with parents, classroom teachers, school principal and other school personnel to maximize effectiveness of services, as appropriate.
- When requested and appropriate to a specific contract, perform learning assessments to examine the learning styles, strengths, and weaknesses of a student to give school personnel and parents more information about a child’s academic performance and to ascertain the need for further referral.Serve as a resource consultant to parents and school personnel in locating services within the community to help meet the needs of individual students or families.
- Participate in supervision on regular basis with the Program Supervisor.
- Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keep abreast of current changes and trends in the field of school counseling.
- Counselors will provide learning assessments to establish achievement, visual-motor and cognitive abilities. Counselors will then interpret and share the results with parents and appropriate school personnel.Be knowledgeable concerning all rules and procedures as established by the Company Counseling Policy and Procedure Manual, the funding source, and the individual school.
Requires a master's degree and state certifications as required by contract.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.