ECS Federal, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ECS Federal, Inc.
# of openings:
ECS is seeking a Drafter to work in our Norman, OK office.
Works with design originators preparing 2D and or 3D engineering drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs which require a high degree of precision in development of drawings and parts tables that include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings. Performs extensive research for engineering drawing change requests. Creates change documentation records for engineering drawing change requests. Performs unusually difficult assignments requiring considerable initiative, resourcefulness, and drafting expertise to visualize and portray complex drawings and models. Assures that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, installation, and operation are resolved by the drawing produced. Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting data based on knowledge of the design intent. Although working primarily as a drafter, may occasionally interpret general designs prepared by others to complete minor details. May provide advice and guidance to lower level drafters or serve as coordinator and planner for large and complex drafting projects.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Drafting Certificate or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience using AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD or SolidWorks to develop and revise 2D engineering drawings and 3D models of electro-mechanical equipment
- Extensive knowledge of drafting field required
- Able to work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Able to complete extensive research for engineering drawing change requests
- Able to create change documentation records for engineering drawing change requests
- Able to plan own work and use judgment within limits of standard practice
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associate's Degree
- 4-6 years of experience using AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD or SolidWorks software to develop and revise 2D engineering drawings and 3D models of electro-mechanical equipment
- 4-6 years of experience using AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD or SolidWorks software and established standards to develop and revise complex drawings and parts tables of electro-mechanical equipment for technical data packages, 3D model files, actual equipment, and/or sketches
- Experience with electrical schematics
- Experience creating LISP or VBA routines for use in AutoCAD and Inventor
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.