Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PCU Registered Nurse (Inpatient RN)
- Shift Type
Emerus is a nationally recognized, innovative leader in the delivery of inpatient, surgical, and diagnostic medical health care. Specializing in the identification, development and management of improved-access community medical facilities, Emerus provides cost effective, scalable growth opportunities to large-scale, national health care systems throughout the United States.
By providing operationally efficient facilities and focused alignment with current health care trends, Emerus’ community-based hospitals prioritize limited inpatient stays, efficient emergency rooms and cost effective pricing in a smaller campus setting. Based in The Woodlands, Texas, Emerus has more than 1,000 employees, with expert concentrations in over 20 different fields throughout the medical industry.
The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan, prioritize and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Follow physician's orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Assemble equipment and supplies for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; perform or assist others with procedures or treatments
- Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing for that State.
- Ability to recognize critical findings and timely communicate changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate patient care providers.
- Adapts to a rapidly changing work environment.
- Can interpret reports, data, observations/assessments, and medical information to determine the needs of the patient and family.
- Demonstrates advanced patient monitoring and assessment skills including, but not limited to:
- Arterial Blood Gases: Collection & Analysis
- BiPAP Management
- Cardiac Monitoring: 12-Lead EKG
- Cardiac Monitoring: Bedside Cardiac Monitor
- Cardiac Monitoring: Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Preparing, Mixing, and Administering Medications
- Titrating medication according to patient condition, provider’s orders, and/or organization protocol
Other Job Functions
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- BSN, strongly preferred; Minimum of ADN or Nursing Diploma required
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 1-year progressive experience working as an RN in a high acuity Medical Intensive Care Unit required or 2+ years RN experience in other critical care or step-down unit in lieu of MICU experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS (or ENPC) certifications, required
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication