Enid Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NOC I.T.V Proctor
at Enid Public Schools
Liason between EHS and NOC
QUALIFICATIONS AND DUTIES OF A TEACHER ASSISTANT (OR PARAPROFESSIONAL)
POSITION: Teacher Assistant (or Paraprofessional)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must have completed 2 years of post secondary education (48 hours)
OR an Associates degree or higher
OR have passed the formal State Assessment Test (OGET)
OR have passed the ParaPro Assessment Test
- Two (2) years experience working with children.
- Evidence of, or willingness to, progress in paraprofessional training program. (Paraprofessional certification is granted upon completion of a two-day workshop, conducted by State officials)
- Such alternative qualifications as the Board finds appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal, Teacher, School Nurse
JOB GOALS: To assist the teacher in maintaining appropriate classroom activities and environment so students have opportunity to reach performance levels.
- Assists teacher in clerical and/or instructional tasks.
- Assists school nurse in meeting the physical needs of handicapped students.
- Alerts teacher to special needs of individual students.
- Provides assistance to children as necessary (balance between firmness and permissiveness).
- Fosters a positive role model for students (respect for authority, courtesy to others, getting along, good habits, etc.).
- Refer parents to teacher (or nurse) for progress reports (academic, physical, social, etc.).
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
- Demonstrate self-control, punctuality and responsible attitudes.
- Comply with all safety and health procedures, school policies and regulations.
- Assist teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
- Serves as a source of information and help for substitute teacher in absence of regular teacher.
- Participates in in-service training programs, as assigned.
- Any other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month basis. Salary and work calendar to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)