Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Technical Analyst
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Full Time
Mid-Continent Group is a subsidiary of American Financial Group, one of the nation's top 25 insurance companies. We provide a competitive salary with yearly performance reviews. Our benefits package includes: health, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off, 401(k), retirement plan, employee stock purchase plan and tuition reimbursement, including incentive bonus awards for completion of certification courses.
- Work with a team of analysts to configure rates, rules and forms for our primary revenue system.
- Develop and maintain tables, databases and formulas on the company’s underwriting rating and policy administration system.
- Develop a good knowledge of business information data sources and business data rules.
Assist with the design and implementation of system projects and enhancements to ensure solutions effectively meet requirements.
- Formulate and define project scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements.
- Analyze, identify and write detailed description of user requirements, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications.
- Develop test plans, organize and/or execute user acceptance testing.
- Create user training materials, schedule and conduct user training events as needed.
- Meet project plan schedules and communicate progress to the team and manager.
- Act as a liaison between the business unit and IT as needed.
- Communicate project details and on-going status with all appropriate parties including business unit managers and associated teams. May participate in estimating project plan timelines.
- Research and resolve technical problems in order to deliver fast, friendly, effective solutions to business users.
- Make recommendations for business process improvements with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to business needs.
- Demonstrate above average communication and collaboration skills in order to maintain personal and team effectiveness.
- Comfortably communicate with all levels of employees from executive leadership to administrative levels.
- Exhibit emotional intelligence when challenged with difficult people and situations.
- Schedule and effectively preside over project and collaboration meetings.
- Develop and maintain strong, strategic working relationships with the Information Technology group, the Underwriting department and other business partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Candidate must have some basic experience in designing, configuration, testing, data mapping, documenting, using and / or maintaining application software in a business setting. Experience working within AS/400 systems and/or Ratabase helpful but not required. Desire candidate to have basic knowledge of common project management methodology.