Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Hillcrest Hospital in Cushing, OK is looking for a Chef/Kitchen Supervisor to join our growing team! We are looking for an experienced, reliable and hardworking individual who is passionate about food. Candidates should possess strong work ethic, leadership skills and enjoy organizing and catering special events. Experience with food purchasing and preparing is a must! Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
- Creates exciting new food and menu items that appeal to patients, employees and guests.
- Assists the department manager with food preparation and production including:
- Ensuring that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the hospital's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth and efficient delivery.
- Preparing items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Consistently complying with the hospital's standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Implementing appropriate portion control of food products prior to cooking according to recipe specifications.
- Handling, storing and rotating all products properly.
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Provides assistance with financial responsibilities including:
- Ensuring that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the hospital's receiving policies and procedures.
- Controlling food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
- Maintaining strict adherence to the departmental budget for food and supplies.
- Scheduling labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met. Oversees the quality and compliance program including:
- Checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Ensuring that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the hospital's preventative maintenance programs.
- Closing the kitchen properly by using the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attending all scheduled employee meetings and bringing suggestions for improvements.
- Provides personnel management and supervision including:Displays a positive attitude, a warm smile and a genuine concern for others.
- Assisting in training new kitchen employees in areas of cleanliness, sanitation and safe operations of kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Assisting with employee performance appraisals.
- Administering prompt and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of hospital policies, rules and procedures.
- Preparing required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Creates a culture within the kitchen and cafeteria of competence, efficiency and compassion for others.
- Assumes responsibility for leading the department in the absence of the manager.
- Understands that there will be a whole bunch of other cool things to do that we haven't thought of yet, but will.
FOOD HANDLER'S CARD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.