Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Emergency Department Director
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Director of the Emergency Department possesses the overall accountability in providing leadership, direction, and administration for day-to-day clinical and administrative activities associated with the Emergency Department. These responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing and controlling the functions of the Emergency Department in accordance with the facilities Strategic Plan, Federal and State regulations, and DNV standards. This position is responsible for supporting and emphasizing a positive focus on employee engagement, patient safety, service excellence, fiscal responsibility and ensuring a quality patient experience.
1) Provides leadership, planning, organization, communication, coordination, education and evaluation for the Emergency Department.
2) Collaborates with administrators, physicians, hospital staff, outside agencies and other providers to facilitate planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategic plan and initiatives.
3) Collaborates with leadership to create an operational plan consistent with the program’s strategic plan.
4) Independently and interdependently works with internal and external customers to accomplish efficient, cost effective, quality patient care.
5) Guides priorities and focus of work for activities of the program and organization.
6) Unit/department based goals and objectives are in concert with the overall direction of the program and the overall hospital plan.
7) Develops key indicators and collects monthly data to monitor, trend and analyze clinical performance.
8) Manages departmental operational budget to support strategic/business plan.
9) Facilitates/collaborates in the development of program and business plans to address newly identified patient care needs.
10) Serves as facility representative for Regional Disaster Response Planning (RMPG).
11) Serves as facility representative for Regional Trauma Advisory Board (RTAB) and Regional Trauma Planning Committee (RPC). Facilitates and coordinates facility Trauma Registry reporting.
12) Reflects organizational and departmental goals in the performance improvement plan. The plan includes shared process improvement and outcome measures.
13) Facilitates and coordinates staffing and scheduling for the provision of safe and effective patient care while establishing and managing productivity targets.
14) Implements, reviews and revises standards of care and policies and procedures in cooperation with other department heads and administrative personnel.
15) Directs patient care duties of professional and non-professional personnel, supervises and evaluates work performance to insure optimal patient care and workflow.
16) Serves as patient/family advocate to facilitate patient care, communication and resolution of problems and ethical dilemmas.
17) Facilitates collaboration between medical and nursing staff to ensure coordination of the medical and nursing aspects to promote and facilitate patient focused care.
18) Monitors unit environment to ensure safety for patients, visitors, and staff.
Education: A graduate of BSN program at an accredited nursing school.
Training Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR-BLS, ACLS and PALS.
Demonstrated leadership abilities; able to work under stressful situations. Possesses good oral and written communication skills. A demonstrated ability in interpersonal relationships which enhances communication, promotes conflict resolutions, and facilitates staff development. Director must be knowledgeable about Emergency Department Services and management principles and practices, including performance management and performance improvement.
Five to Seven years of professional experience required. Two to Three years of previous management experience required. License or certification as required by discipline.
Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse. Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR-BLS, ACLS and PA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.