Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant II - CHF Clinic, FT Days
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Medical Assistant in the Advanced Heart Failure Center is responsible for performing clinical and support functions for patients and clinical staff within Oklahoma Heart Institute-hospital and Hillcrest Medical Center. This individual works collaboratively with the Advanced Heart Failure Center team and on other initiatives as directed.
· Responsible for transporting, rooming, and preparing patients for physician, advanced practice provider, and nurse clinic visits
· Responsible for completing vital signs, medication reconciliation, allergy review, inquiry of past medical and family history, and documentation of the above in the electronic medical record
· Complete provider orders by accurately performing venipuncture and EKGs, appropriately applying telemetry cardiac monitoring, correctly selecting and documenting medication samples, and patient education of the above as directed by nurse or provider
· Participate in clinic preparation and chart abstraction
· Call patients with normal lab findings and test results as delegated by the RN
· Responsible for supply inventory
· May assist with additional clinic and/or administrative duties as delegated by the nurse, provider, or supervisor
3 years of experience required
High School or GED
Completion of Medical Assistant program w/certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge and understanding of clinic workflow, clinical protocols, procedures, and standards within area of heart failure clinic.
Technical leadership skills within area of expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.