Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Step Down Unit Nights
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Cross Trained Assistant performs clerical duties as well as CNA duties related to SDU under the direction of a registered nurse (RN) or LPN and the unit manager. He/she acts as the unit’s receptionist, assigns patient to room on board, alerts nursing staff to patient arrival, pulls and prepares chart. Assists nursing staff by receiving patients at the desk, taking the patient to appropriate room, gives initial instruction, obtains vital signs, assists in transporting discharged patients and answers inquiries within the scope of practice. In addition, the CTA will order and monitor utilization of selected supplies: office, nutritional supplements, forms and retrieval chart backs. The CTA will also assist with stocking supplies that are needed in the unit as well as assist in keeping the nursing stations clean and organized.
1. Maintains professional working relationship with co-workers, physicians and customers. Listens attentively as evidenced by appropriate response. Maintains positive attitude. Promotes teamwork. Willing to go the extra mile. Speaks clearly and has a pleasant tone of voice. Displays positive non-verbal communication skills. Demonstrates positive customer relations.
2. Wears identification badge while on duty. Complies with the hospital and departmental dress code and maintains a professional image at all times.
3. Exhibits consistent and appropriate telephone courtesy by answering phones in a timely manner and responding in a friendly fashion. Demonstrates positive telephone skills by not leaving phone unattended.
4. Prepares paperwork and submits for processing in an organized and timely manner. Prepares, organizes and maintains patient chart.
5. Collaborates with the nurse to expedite unit schedules/procedures.
6. Transmits all patient orders in a timely manner and ensures orders are processed.
7. Limits overhead paging to only urgent pages. Assesses a situation, considers alternatives and chooses the appropriate course of action with few errors.
8. Collaborates with Housekeeping to assure rooms are turned over in a timely manner.
9. Provides patient privacy, respect and dignity during patient/visitor encounters.
10. Demonstrates protection of patient rights as evidenced by compliance with policies related to informed consent, DNR, ethical issues and resolution of patient complaints.
11. Reports to work on time with no more than 1 tardy per pay period. Works as scheduled. No identified pattern of absence with
12. Utilizes policy and procedure manuals, and other reference material to assure proper course of action.
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current BLS certification. Certified PCT (Patient Care Technician) preferred.
Knowledge/ Skill/Abilities: Cognitive and interpersonal skills required to deliver intelligent, safe and effective directed patient care. Excellent communication skills both in person and via telephone. Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite. Technical and interpersonal skills required to transcribe orders. Ability to use telecommunications equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.