Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
• Lead or coordinate shift operations.
• Assist Phlebotomy Supervisor in managing the day to day operations of the department.
• Assign and schedule work duties.
• Oversee and evaluate orientation and training of assigned personnel. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
• Serve as a technical or functional resource and performs duties with staff.
• Participate in phlebotomy recruitment, selection, performance review, and counseling.
• Maintains documentation according to requirements.
Desirable characteristics include at least two years experience in a hospital or medically related environment.
Education • Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. CPR required.
• Graduation from an accredited medical vocational institution or a community college course in phlebotomy strongly preferred.
Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
Must be mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Experience • Desirable characteristics include at least five years’ experience in a hospital or medically related environment.
• For Certified Phlebotomy Technician: Minimum Three years of recent experience
• For non-Certified Phlebotomy Technician: Minimum five years of recent experience and willing to complete certification within
90 days of hire
• BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Phlebotomy Tech.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.