Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Clinical Coordinator L&D/NICU
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Assumes overall accountability, leadership, responsibility for the delegation and coordination of patient care within the unit. Utilizes knowledge bases of nursing education and experience in order to deliver nursing care using the nursing process according to hospital policies, procedures, and protocols. Responds to life threatening situations with appropriate interventions. Organizes patient care delivery by prioritizing, delegating, delivering and evaluating on an ongoing basis.
1. Develop, prioritize and maintain patient plan of care to include patient problems, goals, interventions.
2. Implement plan of care based on patient acuity, identified needs, and physician orders.
3. Administer medications and treatments effectively and skillfully.
4. Demonstrate safe and effective use of all unit equipment.
5. Demonstrate competence in managing potential patient risks; falls, isolation, infant security.
6. Effectively evaluates the outcome of interventions and implements necessary changes to plan of care.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of conditions, diseases, and treatment therapies for unit specific populations.
8. Continually assess patients’ physical, physiological, social, and educational needs to determine level and type of care.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of patients rights. Serves as an advocate for patients/families regarding decisions affecting their plan of care. Has knowledge of process for resolution of ethical dilemmas.
10. Maintain that there is a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to care for patients according to the productivity standard.
11. Monitor supplies and order non-stock supplies as needed.
12. Ensure orientation and educational programs for staff are completed on time
13. Holds staff accountable for their responsibilities, annual evaluations/competencies completed on time
14. Ensures all staff meet Hospital/Departmental standards by continuously monitoring/addressing issues in performance, attendance, or conduct.
15. Develop/ implement/ and monitor policy and procedures that guide Labor and Delivery practice.
16. Monitor appropriate quality control programs for unit.
Knowledge/skills/abilities: Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Must be able to work in a busy and stressful environment.
Experience: Prefer 3 years of previous leadership and/or training in a similar type setting.
Licensure: Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse. Must possess and maintain a current certification in CPR and Fetal Monitoring. NRP, STABLE, and ACLS must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.