Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN III PCU Nights
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for using the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide care to assigned patients. Responsible and accountable for identifying and prioritizing needs, formulating the plan of care, prioritizing/managing/delegating interventions and collaborating with the physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
1) Demonstrate ability to competently perform all duties of an RN. Strive for 100% compliance with Core Measures and work diligently to improve and maintain HCAHPS scores.
2) Demonstrate ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all members of the interdisciplinary team, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
3) Demonstrate high level critical thinking and independent decision-making skills.
4 ) Able to provide total care of the high acuity Cardiac patient utilizing the nursing process. Practices within the scope of the Oklahoma Nurse Practice Act.
5) Deliver quality nursing care with a focus on excellent customer service.
6) Accurately document all nursing assessments and procedures as directed in the electronic medical record.
7) Demonstrate competency to care for complex cardiac patient
8) Maintain communication with Charge RN and 6T Director regarding competencies and skill set.9) Participate in mandatory and optional continuing education as directed.
10) Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy practices in accordance with HIPAA. Complete annual competency and safety training as assigned.
Education: A graduate of an accredited nursing school
Technical/Formal Training: Must obtain and maintain a current certification in CPR. The ICS Staff RN must maintain ACLS. New graduate nurses have up to six months to obtain their ACLS. Experienced new hires have 6 months to obtain ACLS.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
Experience: At least one year of experience as an RN, preferably in the area of application preferred.
Licensure: Must possess a current Oklahoma License as a Registered Nurse.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.