Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN III Wound Care PRN
at Hillcrest Medical Center
Under the supervision of the Director, the Wound Care RN performs the primary function of Registered Nurse in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Significant lifting is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move patients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
1) Initiate a nursing assessment of patient's condition upon admission.
2) Record assessment data in an orderly fashion and communicate pertinent information.
3) Assess, determine classification, and measure wounds accurately and in accordance with policy.
4) Assess compliance to the Clinical Pathway and communicate to the Physician
5) Identify patient care situations that require intervention, implement nursing actions and evaluate responses.
6) Document a plan of care, in collaboration with Physician, for all assigned patients.
7) Formulate desired outcomes specific to patient's problems and AWC protocols.
8) Implement wound care and HBO protocols as clinically indicated.
9) Complete new patient review form and participate in weekly meeting.
10) Accurately complete the superbill and ensure that all orders and charges are initiated accurately.
11) In collaboration with the Physician and other AWC employees, revise the plan of care and continuously reassess and evaluate until desired outcome is obtained.
12) Complete the 4-week reviews in the Multi-Disciplinary Plan of Care and communicate findings with Physician. Revise Plan of Care as indicated and consistent with Accelecare's Clinical Pathway.
Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
CPR: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider
Minimum of 2 years medical/surgical experience; Wound Care experience preferred.
OK Board of Nursing, RN License
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.