Hillcrest Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hillcrest Medical Center
The OR Tech is responsible for the transport and care of patients to and from the department at the request and direction of licensed personnel and assist with the daily activities of the OR/ PACU/ OPS/ Surgery. The OR Tech is cross-trained to assist in turning over surgical suites, holding extremities, and other duties as assigned. He/ she is responsible for working under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and within the scope of practice in the surgery department by providing direct and indirect care based on individual needs as determined by anesthesia staff. This position is responsible for collaborating with anesthesia staff and preparing OR suites and procedures, orders, stocking, and sterilizing equipment necessary for the anesthesia staff.
1) Responsible for transport and care of patients to and from departments.
2) Decontaminates equipment, stretchers, and beds in a timely manner.
3) Assists nursing staff with turning over rooms as needed in surgery.
4) Receives direction from nursing staff and anesthesia to assist with care of patients in the surgical environment, Cath Lab, and/ or Labor and Delivery.
5) Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information.
6) Enforces accepted safety practices for patients and Hillcrest Hospital South.
7) Reports hazards and initiates appropriate action.
8) Participates in safety instructional programs.
9) Maintains active communication regarding encountered patient delays.
10) Assures patient is warm and provides a safe environment.
11) Performs duties as assigned.
Education-High school diploma or equivalent.
Technical/Formal Training-None required.
Knowledge/ Skill/Abilities-Exhibit proficiency in patient care and have good oral communication skills. Must be able to follow instructions according to department and hospital standards under the supervision of a licensed medical professional. Must be emotionally mature and able to work under stressful conditions.
Experience-Prefer at least one year experience in the healthcare field.
Licensure-Must obtain and keep current BLS certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.