HRA Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Office Manager - NEW COMMUNITY
at HRA Senior Living
Enhance office effectiveness by providing support relating to the day-to-day operations regarding human resources, personnel files, third party service credentialing and managing files, resident files, accounts payable, accounts receivable and any other documentation related to employment and maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations and the standards of HRA.
- Ensures incoming phone calls are managed
- Assists Executive Director and Management Team
- Performs Manager On Duty responsibilities when assigned
- Maintain vendor contract files
- Inputs all required information related to AP into the Yardi system
- Performs accounts payable duties to include data entry of payables into the system and submission of monthly AP purchase journal. Records proper coding and proper approval on all invoices.
- Assigns all expenses to the proper department code numbers
- Maintains the petty cash process including ledger accounting for disbursements
- Inputs all required information related to AR and resident information into the Yardi system
- Perform accounts receivable duties to include data entry of resident transactions and collection of amounts due.
- Generates resident billing with accuracy. Responds to resident and family inquiries.
- Makes bank deposits daily.
- Provides information and data entry of financial information for the Executive Director related to required reports
- Prepares refund requests for residents when applicable
- Ensures all past due accounts are addressed according to the best practice standard and utilizing our collections partner as appropriate
- May participate in monthly budget variance conferences and provide reports
- Assists with community credit card reconciliation at the direction of the Executive Director
- General accounting duties as necessary
- Properly reports and tracks job related injuries and incidents
- Maintains OSHA logs
- Maintains labor law, state and federal regulation postings
- Prepares and maintains all associate files
- Prepares and maintains all resident financial files
- Maintains confidentiality of all resident and associate information
- Assists in the recruitment of new associates
- Performs on-boarding process of new hires to include paperwork and adding them into the HRIS
- Inputs and assigns required courses to new hires, existing associates and assists with on-line training system
- Assists in the administration of Company benefit programs
- Provides support and guidance related to associate leaves of absence
- Acts as the liaison for the Community in regards of Company policies and procedures
- Assists with counseling, documenting associate grievances, investigations, and tracking corrective actions
- Maintains personnel files
- The ability to work in a safe and alert manner
- The ability to take ownership for associate’s safety and the safety of the residents
- Must disclose any medication that might impair associate’s ability to perform the job safely or competently.
- Processes payroll to including, but not limited to entering missed punches, holidays and requests for time off after proper approval has been received; submission of payroll report to Executive Director and Payroll Manager on assigned day
- Ensure instances of associate overtime are reports to Executive
Director and Department Heads
- Send PAF’s timely to Payroll and Human Resources
- Leads by example exhibiting the CORE Values through servant leadership
- Encourages teamwork and promotes company philosophy
- Attends required community meetings and participates Life Enrichment activities when able
- Attends monthly BOM teleconference calls and other required training opportunities as assigned
- Completes all required courses in adherence with HRA University
- Is prompt and able to perform the required duties of the position on a regular, predictable basis
- Becomes familiar and understands how to report a missing person using the Safe Return program or equivalent
- Becomes familiar and understands the steps for fire evacuation
? All associates are responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for all community residents
- Associate or Bachelor degree required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping. Formal training in accounting or bookkeeping is preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience in Human Resources preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, associates, residents, family members, and outside contacts
- Possess leadership skills and be willing to work harmoniously with others
- Must have patience, tact and cheerful disposition
- Able to make independent decisions
- Able to seek out new methods and willing to incorporate them into existing practices when applicable
- Must possess a passion to work with and around senior citizens