IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
IAP – Ingenuity and Purpose
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates its capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics - to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers' diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
This position is responsible for providing HR Site support for all components of HR including but not limited to performance management, workforce planning (recruitment, retention, and development), training, compensation, reward/retention strategies, labor relations, leading positive employee relations strategies, and all other HR functional disciplines for Aviation Services under the direction of IAP Aviation Services HR Business Partner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Managers in conduction needs analysis for open positions, outlining job requirements and variances.
- Create requisitions in Applicant Tracking System (ATS), review/screen resumes, disposition candidates, maintain accurate ATS records.
- Sources candidates using a variety of methods to fill positions; online databases and internal ATS building and maintaining pipeline of candidates.
- Evaluate employment factors such as job experience, education and training, skills, knowledge and abilities, physical and personal qualifications, and other data pertinent to classification, selection, and referral.
- May check references, arrange transportation of selected applicants, extend formal job offers, work with outside agencies and vendors, etc.
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires including but not limited to; extend offer letters, background and drug screenings, in-process through electronic onboarding system.
- Prepares and ensures timely submittal and processing of employee data via HRIS System.
- Facilitate terminations requests and corrective action issues, as needed with HRBP.
- Performs exit interview with terminating employees.
- Assist IAP Aviation Services - HRBP with investigations involving harassment, EEOC, and similar types of claims ensuring legal compliance.
- Complies with all State and federal regulations.
- Assists in the communication for benefits open enrollment activities.
- Assists in administering LOA, FMLA, workers compensation, STD/LTD process.
- Have the ability to gain the trust and respect of management and employees while pursuing positive organizational goals and objectives.
- Advises management on application and administration of various IAP company policies, Federal, and State Labor Laws.
- Interfaces with HR staff at other IAP locations.
Education & Experience: (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 2-4 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and at least 2 years’ experience with an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) and online job boards.
- PHR preferred
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience in working in U.S. Federal Government Contracting preferred.
- Experience with unions preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills while interfacing with various levels of IAP personnel, government agencies and the general public.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment on a tactical level.
- Effective time management skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of defining and analyzing issues and developing solutions related to employees, processes, systems and organizations.
- Familiar with Federal SCA WD law as well as Federal and State Labor laws