Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
3339 - Fingerprint Operator
Job Title: Fingerprint Operator
Location: United States, Elk City, OK
Work Schedule Estimated Duration: April 2019 - December 2019
Average work schedule*:
- Tuesday 9:00AM - 1:00PM and/or
- Thursday 4:00PM - 8:00PM and/or
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
* must be able to be scheduled for at least 2 of the 3 shifts indicated
Rate of pay is based on the SCA rate of $14.30 with a Health and Welfare benefit of $4.18/hr.
Introduction: Do you want to be a part of the 2020 Census Effort and earn a little extra money? If you are, IndraSoft is searching for reliable, energetic, organized individuals for these exciting part-time opportunities. If you the have availability to work flexible hours, enjoy meeting people and are (a little) computer savvy, IndraSoft’s Fingerprinting Operator position could be a great fit for you.
The selected candidates will have an important role in helping the United State Census Bureau prepare for the upcoming 2020 Decennial Census Enumeration.
This is an entry-level position and prior experience in the field or a related field is not required. You will receive training in taking and verifying personnel fingerprints, making comparisons of rolled inked and computer image fingerprints, use of fingerprint scanning equipment, completing fingerprinting forms and submitting reports at the end of the fingerprinting session.
**IndraSoft is looking for Fingerprinting Operators nationwide (All 50 U.S. States). Please preview all of our work sites available. This is a seasonal part-time position, please note the work schedules will vary.
Type of Employment: Part -time / On-call
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent of a high school diploma.
- The ability to complete or assist persons in scheduling appointments, addressing questions and the completion of forms, needed for fingerprinting services.
- Experience with methods and techniques of customer service and proper phone etiquette.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of electronic equipment, including applications and data entry.
- Flexibility to deal with changing work environment and problem solve with issues related to fingerprints and identification.
- Must be able to take and understand virtual training and seek help if candidate has questions.
- Follow oral and written instructions, gain and maintain productive working relationships.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to obtain Census Security Clearance.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successfully completing the Onboarding Appointment of the Selectee whether by a previously scheduled appointment or walk-in.
- Operate fingerprint reader/document imaging equipment to create electronic files, using provided software
- Collect two sets of ten-finger fingerprints for individual selectees in either digital and ink formats.
- Enter data into computer as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment when necessary.
- Maintain production area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding the secure handling of selectee data,security and confidentiality.
- Perform administrative duties such as time keeping, shift schedules, daily activity reports, card inventory, equipment inventory, and requisitioning supplies.
- Perform assigned trainings in a timely manner
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
While performing duties of the job, the successful candidate will be exposed to normal demands of an office environment, including:
Sitting and working on a computer for long continuous periods each day, effective communications by telephone, email and face-to-face, standing, walking, sitting, handling and feeling objects or controls, reaching, talking and hearing, lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to travel within locations designated.