Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jindal Films
This position is accountable for the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and maintenance systems to support the site’s business goals and objectives.
This can include packaging equipment such as label machines, conveyors and slitters or extrusion equipment such as barrels, hot oil systems, material transfer systems and winders.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check and refill lubricant reservoirs, applies grease to lubricant points, inspects machinery while performing scheduled preventative maintenance
Operate shop tools, equipment, and as many machines related to maintenance as skill level will permit
Make repairs and adjustments to machinery and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components.
Perform quality rebuild on pumps, gearboxes and other equipment to support plant needs.
Maintain production equipment in good operating condition while optimizing equipment uptime to insure the safe and timely manufacture of a quality product.
Improve reliability and operating efficiency of plant equipment.
Conduct preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner to insure operation of all equipment, in an efficient and safe manner.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Interpret specifications from blue prints, work orders and equipment manuals to perform needed repairs.
- Carry out work assignments without direct supervision in an efficient manner to maximize productivity.
- Perform basic electrical troubleshooting of equipment.
Support site housekeeping and safety programs, maintaining a work place that is clean and safe.
Use micrometers, dial gauges, strain gauges, etc. to take close tolerance measurements.
The work environment characteristics can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities or essential functions of the job.
Capable of frequently standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks), stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs.
Must be physically capable of entering and working in tight space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes) as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations shutdowns.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
- Welding certification or 3yrs experience
- Machine troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to support business needs.
- Must be able to reasonably support emergency call-in for plant production.
- Must also pass a technical skills assessment.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Post-secondary/technical degree preferred but not required based on experience.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be authorized to work in US, sponsorship not offered for this position.