Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kinder Morgan.
Provide day-to-day supervisory leadership to employees assigned to pipeline and compressor station outside of Ratliff City, OK. Responsible for the safe, reliable and cost effective operation of natural gas compression station, pipelines and associated facilities. Ensure facilities are operated and maintained in accordance with company standards and regulatory agency requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to compressor and pipeline personnel.
- Oversee the planning and direction of activities within assigned area to meet company and regulatory timeframes.
- Promote a safe work environment through personal example. Maintain a high regard for safety and continually engage employees on their safety, the safety of coworkers, the general public and company assets.
- Openly and actively support the company’s policies, procedures, initiatives and decisions with peers and subordinates.
- Manage all regulatory requirements and assist during inspections or audits of assigned facilities.
- Responsible for overseeing operation and maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, pumps, vessels, pipelines, compressors, auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors, cooling equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Responsible for overseeing construction and maintenance work performed by third parties on company property or in company right-of-way areas to protect company interests.
- Ensure compliance with Operator Qualification (OQ) program.
- Develop and execute the monthly and yearly budget (both capital and O&M) including forecasting costs, completing variance explanations, and tracking of expenses.
- Conduct midyear and annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Work closely with management and HR on employee issues or concerns.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns immediately.
- Assist Manager in controlling overtime, cash flow management, cost monitoring and developing action plans.
- Perform project management tasks including authorizations for expenditures project preparation, scheduling, monitoring project costs, and project completion reports.
- Provide support to project management and business development, as needed.
- Oversee and verify timesheets for time worked and time off for all assigned employees.
- Train, coach and develop direct reports with the goal of succession planning.
- Participate in the development of O&M procedures, site specific procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Represent the company during contacts with landowners/tenants, public officials, emergency officials and at local meetings such as one call, pipeline groups, US Forestry Services, etc.
- Develop and oversee short and long-term plans, goals and objectives for compressor stations and pipeline.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Direct supervisory experience is desirable but not required. Such experience would include delegation of work assignments, setting expectations and monitoring results.
- Budgeting and financial reporting experience is desirable but not required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the natural gas or similar industry.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Have a strong commitment to safety including having actively participated in safety programs.
- Ability to manage employees at multiple locations on a daily basis.
- Ability to plan, organize, document, prioritize and complete work efficiently.
- Ability to perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrated performance and leadership toward operational excellence.
- Experience with budget and asset management.
- Solid communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize and complete work with little to no direct supervision.
- Strong customer focus and ability to work well with a wide variety of departments and individuals.
- Good computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
- Good math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Previous experience in supervising crews with pipeline and compressor station responsibilities.
- Detailed knowledge of compressor station, gathering and transmission pipeline systems operations.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids and high and low-pressure systems.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Required to be available to respond during both working and non-working hours as needed.
- Travel is required and may occasionally include out-of-town nights and weekend travel.
- Must be comfortable reporting to a remote supervisor.
- Must live within an hour’s drive of the reporting location to reasonably respond to callout emergency situations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the largest energy infrastructure company in North America, Kinder Morgan owns an interest in or operates approximately 80,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our assets are core to North American energy infrastructure and help deliver needed energy products to high-demand markets.
The Kinder Morgan businesses are as follows:
Natural Gas Pipelines
With approximately 70,000 miles of pipelines, we are the largest natural gas transporter and storage operator in the United States. Our pipelines are connected to every important natural gas resource play, including the Eagle Ford, Marcellus, Utica, Uinta, Haynesville, Fayetteville, Barnett, Mississippi Lime and Woodford, that will play a significant role in meeting the nation’s long term natural gas supply. We serve the major consuming markets of the entire United States. Key assets include premier interstate pipelines that stretch from coast to coast and a huge intrastate pipeline system in Texas, the state which is the largest producer and consumer of natural gas in the United States.
We are the leading transporter and marketer of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the United States. We deliver approximately 1.3 billion cubic feet per day of CO2 through about 1,300 miles of pipelines. We also produce more than 50,000 barrels of oil per day. Key assets include CO2 source fields in southwestern Colorado, pipelines that transport CO2 from Colorado to New Mexico and Texas, and oil production fields in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
We transport about more than 2 Million barrels daily of gasoline, jet fuel, diesel, natural gas liquids and biofuels through more than 8,000 miles of pipelines. Key assets include refined petroleum pipelines and terminal storage and blending systems that serve California, Florida and other states in the western and southeastern United States. We also transport crude and condensate from the Eagle Ford shale to the Houston Ship Channel. Specific to renewable fuels, our Products and Terminals business segments combined handle about 30 percent of all of the ethanol used in the United States.
We operate approximately 180 terminals that have a combined liquids storage capacity of more than 110 million barrels for refined petroleum products, crude oil, chemicals and biofuels. We also handle over 105 million tons per year of dry bulk materials such as coal, petroleum coke and steel. Key assets include large liquids terminals on the Houston Ship Channel and in New York Harbor, Los Angeles Harbor and Edmonton, Alberta, as well as strategically located coal terminals in the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast.
Kinder Morgan Canada
Our Trans Mountain pipeline system originates in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the only oil sands pipeline that transports crude oil and refined petroleum to Vancouver, British Columbia, and Washington State. We have proposed and are pursuing a major expansion of Trans Mountain.
As a market leader in each of our businesses, we are always looking for skilled professionals to join our team. When you join Kinder Morgan, you join a different kind of Energy Company. We tie financial incentives for our employees directly to the performance of the company and their own personal performances. At Kinder Morgan, you will find a dynamic and safe work environment that promotes career growth and recognizes achievements.
Join the Kinder Morgan Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.