Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crew Member Driver
Maintains grounds of industrial, commercial, or public property and performs other installation/enhancement activities by performing the following duties.
- Drives crew to, from and between worksites unless on a single crew.
- Works around and operates hand tools and mechanical machinery used for landscape maintenance.
- Cuts lawns.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Rakes and bags leaves.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Prepares and grades terrain.
- Seeds and sods lawns.
- Installs and/or moves and transplants trees, shrubs, and other plant material on current maintenance and enhancement jobs and properties.
- Digs trenches for irrigation systems or piping and supports irrigation technician or manager in the installation of the irrigation systems.
- Removes tree brush after tree trimmers’ prune, cut and shape trees.
- Plants grass, flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Waters lawn and shrubs.
- Cleans out drainage ditches and culverts.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools, and shears.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment.
- Depending on geographic seasonality, may be required to shovel snow from walks and driveways and spread salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup.
- Trims and removes trees from client properties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently to read, comprehend and complete required driver forms, regulatory forms and reports; read and interpret road signs; and speak to law enforcement officials when needed.
Other Requirements: Current Driver's License (State specific DL may be required). Depending on geographic location, pesticide license may be required or desired.