L&T Technology Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Engineer - Cable and Wire Harness Design
at L&T Technology Services
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Product Engineer - Cable & Wire Harness Design
L&T Technology Services is a global leader in providing World Class engineering and technology solutions to our customers representing nearly every industry throughout North America and around the world. Our mission is to continue to drive our sustained growth as we delight our portfolio of over 200 clients around the globe. We have a proud heritage of providing our services with the highest levels of quality, effectiveness, efficiency, and velocity – all at a value that provides one of the industry’s best R.O.I. We are seeking an experienced candidate to expand our capabilities in the domain of electrical engineering and design.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Product Engineer will work in a high velocity and dynamic environment with a focused approach to quality, efficiency, and innovation. As an ideal candidate for this role, you will possess exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborate well with a team of diverse, cross-functional stakeholders at various levels of the organization – onsite, remote, and offshore. In this role, you will contribute through your work products, support other team members, and accept support as one agile team. You will embrace your passion for learning and reflect that to peers through opportunities to lead, mentor, coach, and develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others. Our organizational culture sets a high standard of expectations for integrity, honesty, consistency in all that we do while striving to continuously raise the bar and improve our delivery and service whenever, and wherever possible.
- Responsible for the design and validation of electronic cabling, packaging, and wire harness for the electrical integration of avionics module and payloads into aircraft systems
- Design cables and wire harness that interconnect electronic equipment within the vehicle
- Responsible for generating system cable interconnect diagrams, point-to-point cable wiring schematics, cable lengths, routing details, and cable BOM
- Responsible for integration tests to verify functional operation
- Responsible for generating test fixtures and test procedures for system level testing
- Support operation of engineering systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems to develop effective approaches to resolve those issues
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair systems in assigned area by using standard engineering and scientific principals
- Provide documentation and make technical presentations as required
- May direct the activities of designers, technicians, and less experienced professional staff
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
Tools & Technologies Utilized
- Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems (CHS)
- CAD Software Tool(s) such as: NX, Catia, Creo, Solidworks, etc
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
**This position will require exposure to information subject to U.S. Export Control regulations and the selected candidate must be able to obtain the appropriate Export Control license. The selected candidate must meet the minimum requirement of being a ‘US Person’ per 22 CFR 120.15 – as defined will be a U.S. Citizen, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee.**
Above all else, you must have an innated desire to learn and to embrace your curiosity to push the boundaries of what is possible to continuously innovate and improve.
- A Technical Certification, Trade Program Certification, or Associate's Degree in a relevant STEM field of study is required
- Experienced with the design and routing of wire harness system
- Experienced with the integration of harness system with onboard electronics
- Experienced with electrical bonding
- Experienced with EMI/EMC shielding and filtering
- Highly proficient with Mentor’s Capital software suite with hands-on experience in Systems, Integrator, Logic, HarnessXC, ModularXC, and Topology modules
- Complete understanding of Electrical Engineering concepts, principals, codes, and theory
- Complete understanding of principals of electric controllers, harnesses, components, etc used in the Aerospace Industry
- Understanding of SAE-AS39029, MIL-C-39029, MIL-DTL-38999, SAE-AS50881, and NAVAIR 01-1A-505-1 standards/specifications
- Highly proficient with design, routing, and verification of wire harness
- Highly proficient with integration and validation of wire harness and cabling with related avionics systems
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly as well as to apply them accurately throughout an evolving and agile work environment
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently with limited direct supervision as well as in support and collaboration with a diverse, cross-functional project team with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, onsite and remotely
What is it like to be a part of L&T Technology Services? Ask any of our more than 12,000 employees, and they will tell you that when you join L&T, you will discover true freedom. You will enjoy the power to create. You will feel the passion to deliver. You will be able to develop and demonstrate the traits of a great leader. We believe that one of the most crucial components to personal, professional, and organizational growth is creating an environment where failures create learning opportunities and mark the way towards continued improvement. In this philosophy, we have created an environment where you can fail gracefully and learn from that failure so that you can continue to experiment, raise the bar, and discover exciting new solutions to long-standing challenges. It is in this environment that our culture has grown and continues to thrive on open collaboration and creativity, built upon a foundation rich with the traditions of hard work, integrity, empathy, and accountability.
As a full-time employee of L&T Technology Services, you will enjoy many great perks. During a recent internal poll, our employees favorited the following perks and rewards:
- Competitive salaries compared to other Engineering Services organizations
- Industry-leading, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance packages
- Paid maternity and paternity leave for new additions to the family
- Paid and co-opted legal plans for nearly every legal situation
- Support for immigration services and employment sponsorship
- Tuition assistance program for continued education
- Top-tier training and development programs, career planning, and certification opportunities
- Fun, collaborative, and energetic work environment
- High focus on creating and maintaining work-life balance through paid time off, paid holidays, and paid family leave
Whether you are just starting your career fresh out of college – or you are an industry leader with a strong career record – your journey will begin with your first step. Embrace your curiosity. Curiosity discovered gravity. Curiosity defied gravity through the invention of human flight. Curiosity pushed the boundaries of reality through the breathtaking achievement when humanity set forth in exploration and habitation of space. Each and every day the pace of discovery accelerates, while the obstacles that stand in the way of innovation are removed more rapidly than ever before. We are becoming a more connected and virtual world. As you stand on the edge of this new frontier of possibilities – what will be your spark? Where can we go next? Working together, how can we build a better tomorrow? Find out today – start your journey to join L&T Technology Services and together we can #EngineerTheChange
At L&T Technology Services, our success is built on not only accepting differences – but celebrating, supporting, and cultivating diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers, and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace and will never discriminate employment on the basis of genetic makeup, age, race, national origin, color, religion, creed, gender and gender identity, sex and sexual identity, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, or current or past military service.
L&T Technology Services is a proud of the service men and women who have served the United States with dignity and pride, and we are happy to find career opportunities well suited to your previous military experience and occupational specialization.