Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Navistar, inc.
- Internal Title
- Process Technician_Painter
- Job ID
- # of Positions
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time Employee
- Relocation Offered
Navistar is currently seeking a painter to join our paint team! The pay for this position is $19.55/HR with an increase after 90 days of employment. Benefits start day 1 !!!
This person must be able to work the below schedule and overtime when needed.
Days: Monday- Thursday
As a team member of the paint department, you will establish the skills needed for the cleaning and preparation of coaches for paint applications, primers and top coatings, and operate the equipment as needed.
Below are duties this individual will be preforming but limited too.
- Prepare multiple surfaces for priming and painting.
- Develop knowledge of equipment used and the skill to use the equipment for surface preparation.
- Develop knowledge and skill to use the paint mix system and properly log in paint and material usage.
- Develop a complete understanding of quality paint standards to ensure that the paint finishes produced by the paint department is of the highest quality possible.
- Become acquainted and continuously follow all painting safety policies and procedures on the job.
- Must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach. Must be able to climb up and down.
Performs a variety of pre-paint and paint procedures to prepare surfaces for paint application including sanding, masking, and inspection, body repair, spray techniques and painting using manual and semi-automatic machines.
- At least 3 months of automotive painting work OR 6 months vocational school painting training
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to correctly prepare paint areas and use related equipment
- Ability to repair and paint defects
- Ability to perform painting in hard to reach and awkward positions
- Previous paint production ( Manusfacturing facility) work desirable, but not required.
- Experience with body repairs
- Must have good attendance.
- Ability to read and follow intermediate measurements and instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision, and ability to work in a team environment.
- At least 1 year of automotive hands on experience
- Ability to achieve high performance goals with changing work directions
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Action Oriented
- Ethics and Navistar's Values
- Learning on the Fly
- Positive Attitude
- Building Effective Teams
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.