Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Engineer Structural
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
The successful candidate shall be able to perform stress analysis of metallic and composite aircraft structures. The position requires knowledge of aircraft stress and durability and damage tolerance of metallic structure. The position will require the performance of static of metallic and composite airframe structure using classical ‘hand' methods and also using automated methods and procedures approved for the program. Required skills include the ability to manipulate and pull loads from the Global Loads Models, and to build and apply loads to local breakout models. The stress analyst shall ensure that designs meet program requirements for strength, durability, and damage tolerance, and are the lightest, lowest cost, and highest quality products consistent with schedule and budget objectives . Desired skills include familiarity with layout sizing, structural integrity evaluations, detailed analysis procedures, load paths, load distribution, sizing, fittings/fasteners/joints/splices, acoustics/vibration familiarity, structural integrity plan, design criteria, stability, crippling, durability analysis and finite element modeling of structure. The analyst should work well in a team environment and create high quality analysis reports and presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and
- 5 Years with Bachelors in STEM; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
- Proficiency with NASTRAN, Patran, FEMAP, and Matlab.
- Complete understanding of structural analysis techniques, concepts and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks in parallel.
- Ability to acquire an Active DOD Secret Clearance and Program Access is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.