OGE Energy Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Military Transition Internship -- Plant Mechanic I
at OGE Energy Corp.
Installs, repairs, inspects, overhauls, troubleshoots, and performs maintenance to power plant equipment and systems at a Journey level. Maintenance tasks include but are not limited to: pipefitting, welding, millwright and machining. Performs millwright or mechanical duties with pumps, electric motors, air compressors, valves, welding, fabrication, construction, pipe fittings, etc.
- Completes OGE Member Training Program.
- Repairs, inspects and maintains boiler and boiler auxiliaries, turbine/generator and turbine/generator auxiliaries, and maintains coal handling equipment and auxiliaries, if applicable.
- Performs necessary pipefitting related maintenance.
- Operates various industrial equipment (i.e. forklift).
- Performs basic welding related maintenance.
- Performs general craft tasks and uses power and hand tools.
- Reads and interprets basic drawings and prints.
- Works with other craft and plant personnel as required.
- Complies with all safety and regulatory requirements, both internal and external.
- Utilizes SAP/PM system for equipment history and verification of work performed.
- Operates basic machine shop equipment.
- Develops knowledge and understanding of plant principles and processes.
- Continually seeks process improvement to save cost and increase efficiency.
- Obtain primary authorized employee (PAE) certification under the Lock out tag out procedure.
- High School diploma / GED.
- Experience in a technical / mechanical / electronic specialty while serving with a component of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to adopt and practice IIF (Incident and Injury Free) philosophy.
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with team members, leaders, and customers.
- Ability to operate basic machine shop equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnosis problems, and resolve effectively.
- Ability to understand and comply with company policies and operating procedures.
- Ability to understand plant and equipment systems/processes.
- Ability to use common purpose hand tools an other materials of various craft trades.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, following approved work methods and standards testing practices.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite applications.
- Ability to proficiently use SAP/PM including notifications and work order management to include the ability to enter accurate work notes, review work history, material look up, and confirmation of work operation completion.
- Ability to adjust and adapt across varied working conditions and evolving business needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety requirements and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity working with mechanical equipment (e.g. pumps, electric motors, air compressors, valves, welding, fabrication, construction, pipe fitting, etc.).
- Demonstrated commitment to an IIF (Incident and Injury Free) culture.
- May be required to work overtime and weekends and holidays.
- May be required to work non-standard work schedules to include on- call and call-outs.
- May require travel.
- May be required to work at heights up to and exceeding thirty (30) feet, underground and in confined spaces.
- May be exposed to extreme conditions and inclement weather.
- Required to work in a multi-craft crew including Mechanics, Electricians, Insulators, Instrument & Controls Technicians, etc. who work together to support operations of the plant.
- May be required to cross-train in various crafts and operation department at various times of the year.
- **Physical Demands**
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing/pulling up to 88 pounds of force.
- Prolonged walking with frequent stair climbing.
- Prolonged standing on various floor surfaces, stairs and inclines.
- Frequent stooping and crouching.
- Occasional kneeling and crawling.
- Frequent fine motor coordination and grasping.
- Frequent work in awkward positions in confined spaces.
- Occasional reaching overhead.
- For additional information about physical demands, go to oge.com/physicaldemands