Oklahoma Blood Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MOBILE PHLEBOTOMIST (ARDMORE, OK)
at Oklahoma Blood Institute
- 09-Sep-2019 to 24-Oct-2019 (CST)
- DS Mobiles
- Ardmore, OK, USA
- $11.50 or based on education and/or experience
- Full Time
APPLY NOW USING OUR QUICK 5 MINUTE APPLICATION
Days and Hours: Varied
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Clear driving record preferred
- Must be available to work varied hours, weekends, and holidays
- Must possess reliable transportation and working telephone
- Strong customer service, technical and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write legibly and use proper grammar
- Detail oriented in regards to document review
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional appearance and manner
- Ability to work calmly under stressful conditions
Special Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, bend and reach up to 40lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Phlebotomists provide a vital link in the procurement of a safe quality blood product. He/She is responsible for all aspects of donation including registration, screening, customer service, and collection of whole blood products in strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP). The phlebotomist should be a shining example of superior customer service, professionalism, donor care and technical ability.
Phlebotomists assist supervisor in verifying and completion of daily paperwork. They will alert the supervisor of any problems or concerns when issues arise related to equipment, venipuncture, donor questions/issues or equipment performance. They continually assess donor needs throughout the donation process, including evaluating and treating donor reactions. All other duties assigned by supervisor.