Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Manager 2
- System ID
- Food Service
- Relocation Type
- Yes - According to Grade
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking an experienced Retail/Catering Manager 2 for our campus account at Langston University in Langston, OK. Langston is located 30 minutes from Oklahoma City with Edmond and Guthrie as yoru closest cities to Langston. Grounded in its rich traditions as a historically Black College and University, and a land-grant institution, Langston University offers quality post-secondary education to diverse populations through academic, research, community engagement, extension, and co-curricular experiences that lead to professional competence and degree completion.
Sodexo at Langston is looking for a Great Retail Manager that will take leadership in its role. This position is responsible for 3 locations, A Convenience store, a Lions Den Restaurant and a Jazmans Coffee House. This position will be responsible for all the ordering of items for each of its location, inventory, cash handling, scheduling, Food and Physical safety, catering and concessions. Must have a strong background on catering, but not a day to day operation in that department. Also, looking for an individual with a concessions background, but is very limited to few days of concessions throughout the year.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced retail manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will manage:
- frontline staff;
- cash handing process;
- department HACCP and safety programs for regulatory compliance;
- frontline training programs;
- opening and closing the operation; and
- daily operation standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Successful customer service skills
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED or Equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.