The City Of Oklahoma City
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM MANAGER
at The City Of Oklahoma City
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2545365
Overall Job Objective
- Department Information, Job Summary and Essential Job Functions
- The Economic Development Program Manager is located in the Finance Department of the City of Oklahoma City and is under the direction of the Finance Director. The Economic Development Program Manager assists in the overall management, administration and coordination of economic development activities within the Finance Department. Essential job functions include: representing the City at committees and meetings, some of which will occur outside of normal working hours; analyzing and developing financial information related to proposed economic development projects; developing and proposing term sheets for economic development projects; working with developers and maintaining an effective and collegial working relationships with economic and community development partners including, but not limited to the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, the Alliance for Economic Development of Oklahoma City and the Downtown Oklahoma City Partnership; providing the Finance Director with an objective analysis of current legislation impacting economic and community development activities and the City organization; providing management of the City's Economic Development and Community Development Program and coordination of the day to day operations of the Oklahoma City Economic Development Trust. Duties may vary in nature from working with the Municipal Counselor's Office in drafting and writing economic development agreements, writing special reports; conducting research assignments of a complex nature, presenting written and verbal reports and analyses and recommendations on a variety of matters as assigned and maintaining a constant and effective interface between the Department, City organization, and outside agencies. It is essential that the Program Manager be able to maintain confidential information shared during the development of economic development opportunities.
Honorably discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces who are not currently employed full-time by the City of Oklahoma City shall receive five (5) points added to the passing score on an initial selection process. Qualified applicants must upload or submit a copy of their DD Form 214 indicating discharge type/character of service at the time of application.
- Job Requirements
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Public Administration, or related field.
- Knowledge of the City's Tax Increment Financing Program.
- Knowledge of the City's Strategic Investment Program.
- Knowledge of Business Improvement Districts.
- Skill in analyzing and structuring community and economic development projects.
- Knowledge of capital stacking practices in public private partnerships.
- Skill evaluating complex real estate projects to determine if public assistance is necessary.
- Knowledge of federal assistance programs such as New Markets Tax Credits, Historic Tax Credits, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, CDBG and Section 108 Loans.
- Skill in negotiating and drafting performance-based contracts.
- Understanding of real estate business and commercial lending practices.
- Financial management experience.
- Knowledge of municipal law and its implications in dealing with the private sector.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying management principles and techniques.
- Skill in coordinating activities of professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Skill in critically assessing and organizing a wide variety of information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to plan, design, implement, and evaluate current systems and systems improvements.
- Ability to develop long-range plans and evaluate work accomplishments.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex financial information.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with demonstrated public speaking/presentation skills.
- Willingness to assume responsibility for work performed and decisions made.
- Graduate degree in Finance, Business, Public Administration, or related field.
- Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is an FLSA exempt position.
- This position frequently requires participation in early meetings before or after normal working hours and occasionally on a weekend.
- Primarily inside a climate-controlled environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel locally and out-of-town to attend meetings, conferences, or seminars.
NOTE: Typical City employee working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, working hours vary (may require work to begin before 8:00 a.m. and/or end beyond 5:00 p.m., and/or may require work on weekends and holidays), and are subject to change, based on the duties and location of the position and the business needs of the assigned work unit/department.
- Speech and hearing enough to make presentations and communicate by telephone or in person.
- Near vision enough to read reports/documents and computer screens.
- Arm-hand steadiness and manual finger dexterity enough to write and type on a keyboard.
- Other Notes
- NOTE: Applications/resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications/resumes received by September 3, 2019.
NOTE: City employees are required to receive pay electronically, either via direct deposit or pay card.
NOTE TO FORMER EMPLOYEES: To participate in any selection process, former employees must be eligible for rehire. If you are unsure of your rehire status, please contact the Personnel Department at (405) 297-2530. If your rehire status has been coded "Not Eligible," "Eligible 3," or "Conditional," you will need to request a review of your rehire status through the Personnel Department's Labor Relations Division.
NOTE: Upon a conditional offer and acceptance of employment, the City of Oklahoma City will conduct a background investigation/verification. Applicants will be provided contact information for any third-party reporting agencies used to collect background information in connection with conditional offers of employment.
NOTE: Applicants will be provided a copy of the City of Oklahoma City's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy upon conditional offer and acceptance of the position and prior to being directed for a health screen/physical examination and drug test.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the hiring process,
please notify one of the Personnel Department Representatives by calling 405-297-2530.