Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Brake Operator - Weekend Nights
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Brake Operator II position in the Global Utility Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate a brake to bend trapezoids into pole shafts. Additionally, you will…
* Bend pole trapezoids and/or parts by using the magnetic crane to move the material and Brake Press to complete projects
* Enter the necessary data into Brake Press computer
* Complete required reports and record the appropriate date with accuracy
* Calculate formulas using basic math, standard U.S. and metric measurements
* Adhere to Brake Press procedures and practices to ensure the quality of the product
* Set up and operate all press brakes used (layout of both ends of machines, small parts, mitered back up bar, half soles, and performing swam and swaddle)
* Bend tube test pieces and determine correct blank size tubes
What it takes
* Two years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
* One year of previous brake experience
* The ability to run all brakes in the shop
* Ability to program and re-set the Press Brake, trouble shoot operating malfunctions, and be well versed in operator’s maintenance of equipment
* Ability to read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets without assistance
* Knowledge of quality requirements and standards
* Ability to prioritize work and complete deadlines
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Completed related coursework from an accredited trade school
* Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (877) 468-3868 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.