Veolia North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Operator I- Red Oak, OK
at Veolia North America
Operate and maintain water plant. Analyze process control data and adjust operations to ensure product water is compliant with regulatory agency parameters. Maintain process equipment to include electronic components and controls. Run daily lab analysis at the plant and the distribution system. Operate and maintain water distribution system and respond to alarms and abnormalities. Record daily meter reading and operations log for reporting.
At Veolia North America, we offer our customers a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employee’s skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. Our services encompass three areas: energy, water, and waste. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join the Veolia North America Talent Network today and check out our current opportunities!
What is a Talent Network?
- High School education or equivalent with the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally (operational, process, safety and quality instructions). Must have the ability to perform basic math equations.
- Six months to two years experience in a related position and environment with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
- Must consistently demonstrate the ability to operate assigned machines and equipment meeting or exceeding processing and quality targets under general supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses, and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Must have the ability to diagnose process and mechanical problems in single or multiple unit processes, troubleshoot basic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
- Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Must be able to respond to emergency calls as needed and work extended hours to accommodate site needs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Work on call as needed required for this position.