Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 01-Feb-2019 to 02-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Broken Arrow, OK, USA
- Full Time
Reports To: Purchasing Supervisor
Job Summary: Commodity Buyer, under the direction of the Purchasing Supervisor, may be responsible for a single commodity or group of commodities. Buyer will support Zeeco Project Engineers for on-time completion of projects. Buyer is responsible to perform thorough and accurate shop release/demand signal evaluation with a keen eye on material specification, certification requirements, and in accordance with Customer purchasing restrictions. Buyer will generate and distribute bid/quote packages and purchase orders, maintaining necessary and often aggressive delivery schedules. Buyer will support inquiries from internal customers, and other tasks as needed. The Buyer shall work in a multi-tasking, fast-paced, team environment. As part of the Zeeco Purchasing Team, this individual will interface with other Zeeco staff including engineering, drafting, quality, shipping, receiving, as well as sub-contractors, component suppliers, and others as needed.
Functional Job Duties:
- Reviewing demand signals
- Absolute compliance with Customer AML/AVL/Sourcing Restrictions
- Issuing bid packages to Vendors
- Request for quotes
- System entry of RFQs and Purchase Orders
- Processing purchase requisitions
- Tracking status of on-going purchasing activities
- Follow up with Vendors to ensure on time shipment of components
- Coordination tasks as assigned by the Purchasing Manager or Team Lead
- Other tasks and projects as role demands
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook /PDF software
- Enjoy working in a Team environment
- Respect others
- Manufacturing Purchasing experience preferred
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Appropriate sense of urgency
- A commitment to ownership and follow through
- Flexibility: we work in a very dynamic environment
- Results driven
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organization skills
Must possess strong leadership, analytical thinking, effective communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with persons inside and outside of the company. Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations related to job requirements. Must be able to work under stress. Must be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be able to process paperwork effectively.
Must be able to go up and down stairs. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must not present a risk of injury to self or others while engaged in company duties.
Commodities used to build our equipment include, among others:
Pipe/Fittings/Flanges, Structural Steel, Plate, Fasteners, Gaskets, Controls and Instrumentation, Enclosures, Electronics, Panels, Refractory, Paint, ACWL, Block and Tackle, Blowers, Dampers, Combustion Electronics, Conduit, Hose, Wire