Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A Fitter/Welder
- 22-Jun-2017 to 31-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Broken Arrow, OK, USA
Fit-up and weld carbon steel and stainless steel assemblies in accordance with established Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and work instructions to achieve specified weld quality that meets criteria of post weld testing requirements. Maintain welding equipment, tools, and supplies in safe working order. Must be able to function effectively in a team based environment, maintain a clean work are, maintain HSE compliance standards including proper utilization of all required PPE and adherence to related safety procedures.
• Specialized welding training and/or 8+ years of related welding experience with a demonstrated skill proficiency at an advanced level, or an equivalent combination of training, experience, and skill proficiency.
• Must be skilled in at least 3 of the following processes GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, GTAW and saw.
• Must pass a 3g plate test in mig/fluxcore.
• Must pass a 6g all Tig with a 1/2 " schedule 160 pipe.
• Must consistently demonstrate code quality. Must be proficient in the following codes: API, B313, UW51, UW52, B1.1, STS, etc.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude, and be able use various measuring equipment.
• Must be able to use positioners and pinwheels.
• Must have demonstrated experience with set up, layout, blueprint reading, weld symbols, and joint configuration.
• Must be familiar with mismatch tolerances.
• Experience in the petrochemical industry preferred.
• Must be skilled fitter with verifiable experience
• Must pass a written fitter test and weld test
• Must maintain welding equipment, tools, and supplies in a safe working order
• Must be able to perform duties with little or no supervision
Must be able to read and understand blueprints/engineering specifications. Must possess sufficient interpersonal skill to interact effectively with persons inside and outside the Company to accomplish job tasks. Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations related to job requirements including trigonometry and geometry. Must be able to work under stress and meet deadlines. Must be able to maintain and process job-related paperwork effectively. Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
Must be able to go up and down stairs, perform unaccompanied travel, and communicate effectively. Must have physical stamina to stand 8 or more hours per day and operate welding equipment. Must be able to rig and operate equipment to move heavy loads. Must be able to lift/maneuver 70lbs unassisted. Position requires standing or walking all of the workday. Frequently involves stooping and kneeling. Must possess sufficient visual acuity and depth perception to accomplish job tasks. Must possess manual dexterity such as reaching, handling, fingering, and touching to effectively handle material and operate welding equipment. Must be able to tolerate shop environment and exposures associated with welding and industrial equipment manufacturing, and apply appropriate safety equipment when required. Must be able to work overtime as required. Must not present a risk of injury to self or others while engaged in Company duties.