Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Class A Fitter/Welder - Night Shift
- 24-Jul-2017 to 01-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Broken Arrow, OK, USA
JOB SUMMARY: The Class A Fitter/Welder will be responsible for performing a variety of fabricating and welding activities to support the manufacturing facility. They will be required to understand the Quality Assurance system for materials entry, follow fabrication and welding processes, and produce products compliant with the ISO9001:2008 standard.
FUNCTIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Fabricate parts from drawings
- Prepare parts for welding (saw, pillar drill, grinding, pipe bending, pipe threading, weld
- Welding activities to class 2 standards using TIG/MIG/MAG welding on common welded joints, (to
- include fillet, lap, corner and butt) in accordance with the requirements of BS 4872 Part 1
- Ensure ALL machines are checked on a daily basis completing relevant check sheets
- Good communicator verbal and written
- Good team player
- Good time-keeping and attendance record
- Well organized and efficient
- Confident and Assertive
- Ability to use own initiative
- Confidence and ability to work unsupervised
- Shift Differential Pay
- Experience in x-ray
- Proof of welder approval certifications
- Communication skills
- Fork Lift License desirable
- Minimum 4 years fabricating experience
- Ability to run SUB-ARC a PLUS
- Able to understand and read engineering drawings
- Pressure vessel experience desirable
Must be able to read and understand blueprints/engineering specifications. Must possess sufficient interpersonal skill to interact effectively with persons inside and outside the Company to accomplish job tasks. Must have the ability to perform mathematical calculations related to job requirements including trigonometry and geometry. Must be able to work under stress and meet deadlines. Must be able to maintain and process job-related paperwork effectively. Must be able to handle multiple priorities.
Must be able to go up and down stairs, perform unaccompanied travel, and communicate effectively. Must have physical stamina to stand 8 or more hours per day and operate welding equipment. Must be able to rig and operate equipment to move heavy loads. Must be able to lift/maneuver 70lbs unassisted. Position requires standing or walking all of the workday. Frequently involves stooping and kneeling. Must possess sufficient visual acuity and depth perception to accomplish job tasks. Must possess manual dexterity such as reaching, handling, fingering, and touching to effectively handle material and operate welding equipment. Must be able to tolerate shop environment and exposures associated with welding and industrial equipment manufacturing, and apply appropriate safety equipment when required. Must be able to work overtime as required. Must not present a risk of injury to self or others while engaged in Company duties.
*NIGHT SHIFT POSITION*
*20% NIGHT SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL PAY*