Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 19-Aug-2019 to 18-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Broken Arrow, OK, USA
- Full Time
The Drafter/Designer position at Zeeco will utilize Autodesk Inventor to create parametric solid part/assembly models with smart Bill of Material's. The Drafter/Designer will then create fabrication drawings, 2D layouts (dxf's), and BOM's for all sub-assemblies and parts. This position requires extensive Inventor experience, including bottom up designed assemblies, i-parts, i-assemblies, derived parts, and i-logic.
- Associate's Degree in Drafting of equivalent combination of experience.
- Drafting/design experience using Autodesk Inventor preferred but not required
- Experience implementing or maintaining a parametric drawing system with smart BOM's.
- General knowledge of i-Logic programing.
- Familiarity with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 Code for Pressure Piping a plus
- Analyzes project mechanical specifications / requirements to design appropriate equipment for the application.
- Assists engineering team with confirmation of equipment selection and design.
- Prepares various drawings of parts, assemblies, and products, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse views, hidden lines and small intricate details.
- Utilizes Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) system or equivalent to complete assignments in both 2D and 3D.
- Makes arithmetic computations using standard formulas.
- Assignments may include information on methods, procedures, sources of information, precedents to follow, and more detailed verbal instructions from project engineer and/or supervisor. Simple revisions to existing drawings may be assigned with a verbal explanation of desired results.
- Assists project engineer in ensuring all required drawings are completed and meets project requirements. Assists with reviewing customer mark-up prints and disposition of comments.
- Shop visits and travel to assist with design changes as required per the project and to assist shop personnel with guidelines for production of equipment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word / Excel / Adobe and all Web based systems for design completion.
- Check own and other Drafter/Designer's drawings for accuracy.